Monday, August 28, 2006

An Eternal Love Story

Here I was sitting in the park
on that same bench after a long time
thinking ab't someone,I'd met & courted there
People are moving here,there
seems as if my old times have returned-
-though as a shadow
Am I seeing things or what,
that's her!!

How come she's sitting there
It's been such a long time since -
since I saw her right here
Right there where I left her--
with tears brimming in her eyes
but,but she had..

I never expected her to be here
I am going to meet her,
to put words to the reality
I went straight thru her
as if moving thru a fog
!!SHE was not there

I sat down on that bench
from where she had been looking
looking as if stright thru me
And,then my eyes fell on ---
--something carved on the bench
"In death we shall meet again"
signed my girl's name

Truth fell upon me,like--
--like a white bolt of lightning
SHE had died waiting for me
who had not even cared for her
there then I died,to meet her--
--in the after life
Our pure form has intermingled
TO BECOME ONE
forever and for ever.....

Wrote this poem somewhere towards end of 2000 and till date my most favourite poem.Hope u like it :)

No comments: